Cristiano Ronaldo: “The team has started the year the best way possible”

“We did a great job and we are happy about how the match went”, added Benzema.
Cristiano Ronaldo scored the two goals that earned Real Madrid their second ever European Super Cup title. The Portuguese man was full of enthusiasm after the match: “This is a very special moment, I didn't have this title in my trophy cabinet. The team was great and we have started the year the best way possible, on the right foot, which is what we wanted to do in order to give ourselves confidence ahead of the rest of the season. We were deserved winners and that is why we are taking the Cup home”.

“We won this title for the fans, they are always by our side and it is a special moment to celebrate that. I had problems at the end of the season and during the World Cup. Now I'm fine, I scored two very important goals today, I'm delighted and I'm back. The team also helped me and my first goal gave me confidence. I didn't feel any pain and it is important to help the team win this Cup”.

A brace
"It was a Cup I wanted because I had never won it before. I am happy to have scored two goals and I thank Ferguson for presenting me with the trophy" (for the man of the match award).