James Rodríguez receives the World Cup Golden Boot

“This is a dream and I think I’m at the ideal club to win more”, said the Colombian.
James Rodríguez picked up his Brazilian World Cup Golden Boot at the Ciudad Real Madrid. The Colombian received the award that recognises him as the top goalscorer in the competition with six goals in the five games he played. James beat Thomas Müller, who scored five, and Neymar, Messi and Van Persie, who found the net four times each.

The Real Madrid player spoke of his joy at receiving the award and his first impressions of the club: “I’m proud because it’s a dream and I hope to be able to win more. I think I’m at the ideal club to do that. Everyone on the team is an excellent person. It is a tight group and we hope to win titles, which is what the club wants. I’m happy”.

Best goal at the World Cup
In addition to netting six times, James Rodríguez provided two assists, was chosen as man of the match on three occasions and scored the best goal of the World Cup according to FIFA.com users.