James Rodríguez: "I want to make history with Madrid and win titles"

“I have always dreamed of playing here. This is a club that is used to winning and I am mentally and physically prepared for this challenge”, he stated in his first press conference as a Real Madrid player.
James Rodríguez held a press conference in the Santiago Bernabéu's press room after his presentation. The Colombian, who was accompanied by Emilio Butragueño, who welcomed him in front of the various media outlets, gave his first impressions as a White player: “My dream was always to play here. I have always dreamed about that. Since finding out that this club wanted to sign me, I did everything I could to get here. I hope to be able to pay the club back for the confidence they have shown in me”.

“Colombia will support this great club. I am delighted and hopefully I'll be able to make history. There is a pressure when you join this team but I am ready to face the challenge. I just want to help in order for the club to continue making history. I am just one player and I hope to be able to make the fans very happy”.

First feelings as a Real Madrid player
“Walking around this great stadium with all the history it embodies was something very special and I will never forget today. There are no words to describe it. It was a once-off and beautiful experience, something that I have always dreamed about. I have longed for this and the story doesn't end here. I dream about winning things and being here for the rest of my career because this is a winning club and I am also a winner”.

His Real Madrid idol
“Zidane is someone I have always admired. Wherever I play I'll be comfortable. I can play in the centre, on the right and on the left but Ancelotti is the man who will be making the final decision. The fact that I have the number I have always used and that I am here makes me happy but I would wear the number 100 if it were necessary. Hopefully I will play to a high level and that I can win titles”.

Objectives
“I have come to Real Madrid to make history and win titles. It is a club that is used to winning and I am mentally and physically prepared to face this challenge. I dream about scoring a lot of goals. I also want to contribute with my passes and with goals because that is the best thing for the team. My aim is always to win. I don't like losing and this is the ideal club in order to always be a winner”.

Teammates and competition
“It is a real pleasure to play alongside so many stars. I still haven't spoken with any of them, only through social media. I am happy that they are aware of me and I am anxious for my first day of training with this great club to come around. They are great stars and great people and to be by their side will be fantastic. It is a dream and I hope I can help them win more titles. I just want to train hard and maintain a high level so that whenever I have to play I'll be at my best".
PLAYING ALONGSIDE GREAT PLAYERS WILL BE INCREDIBLE AND I WILL LEARN FROM THEM.
James Rodríguez also spoke about his first memories, always as a Real Madrid fan: “I can remember back to the time of Zidane, Ronaldo and Roberto Carlos. I would have been 10 or 11 and was always a Real Madrid fan. It was a team I always followed and I have always dreamed about playing here. I fought hard and suffered a lot. When there is hard work involved, success tastes even sweeter. All I have to do now is be happy here and work hard in order to carve out a place for myself on the team”.

A complete player
“I like to score goals and also provide them. Up front there are so many great players who can score which will be great for me. Everyone is good here and that makes it easier to play. There is no pressure on me. We have to learn how to live with pressure and I am ready for it. I hope this dream has a happy ending”.

Kroos
“He is a top quality player, but he is not the only one. Everyone here has a winning mentality and we are here in order to win titles. I never spoke to Cristiano Ronaldo about signing. I just want to play with him and be by his side and sharing a dressing room with so many great players will be a real pleasure. I want to show everyone that I can play here and that I have enough talent to do it”.