Casillas: “We are Real Madrid and there is an obligation for us to win”

“This season starts with the challenge of the Super Cup and it is a day to be enjoyed”, said the captain.
Iker Casillas, who already won the European Super Cup in 2002, wants to win the title again. The captain spoke of his feelings before the match against Sevilla in the Cardiff City Stadium press room: “I don’t think anything is at stake for me. These types of match offer a title and that is important for Real Madrid after winning the Décima. It is a day to enjoy and try to win because for Real Madrid there is always an obligation to win”.

“I understand that when you’ve been in football so long people talk about you a lot. You have to cope with the situation and always stand up and be counted”.

Season of challenges
“Tomorrow we have the first. It is exciting and marks the obligation to start winning titles. From tomorrow we have to get a morale boost and then go after the Supercup of Spain”.
THE NEWCOMERS WILL PROVIDE SOMETHING DIFFERENT AND ORIGINAL.
“You have to be able to cope with the pressure that comes with this shirt and you are always exposed to criticism. Every year more is demanded of you than the year before. We are Real Madrid and each year there is an obligation to go to Cibeles. Because of the players and the history if you don’t win titles there is speak of failure”.

Personal situation
“It is not the worst moment of my career. Sometimes you have good spells and sometimes bad ones. Everything is temporary. I haven’t been playing to the standard I wanted, but these things happen in football. I have to admit that I have not been playing my best, but I wouldn’t say it’s my worst moment, no”.

“You’re always observed but they’ve treated me great and I have no complaints. We will fight and compete to win me a place in the starting eleven”.

The newcomers
“If you put them together with a team that has won a European Cup and a Copa del Rey it could be great. They have got used to a different city, but it is simple with the players we have on the team”.